Tuesday, November 13, 2012

… and we’re back!

First post in 8 months. And I was on such a roll.

Why so long without a post?

Several reasons, chiefly that I am a lazy writer. I read an article once about how most writers block is just fear. We fear what may actually come out of us, so we don’t write at all. That may be partly true for me. Not so much that I fear what will come out (I know what’s in me) but what others will think.

Also, its been a particularly tough year in the ministry. Lots of personnel issues, financial issues, and other “stuff’ that would make it hard for me to post without venting and hurting feelings.

Finally, the only comment I had gotten on my last several posts was on one with political overtones. And this year, for the first time since 1996, I stayed out of the race. Didn’t even have a single political sign in the yard. Honestly, this years choices were very much the lesser of two evils, and I'm just sick of it.

So hopefully this is the first of several new posts in the coming weeks, and the start of a new, more productive era both on the blog and in my personal and professional life.

Next time I will update on what’s happening to me personally, then a post on professional developments. Then who knows, maybe I’ll do some fun facts, maybe have a snack for everyone and then we’ll all take a nap.

All right, I’m done for today….

Blog signature

No comments: